Friday, May 13, 2016

The other side. The other side. The other side of...5/12/16

Hey!

     I am currently in Monteverde, which I might add is 10x more beautiful than San Jose. We got here yesterday after a 4 hour bus ride. The weather is all over the place! It's usually pretty warm/hot in the morning/afternoons and then rainy in the evening. Yesterday, it misted a lot randomly, but to be honest this is just my type of weather. 


Hotel El Establo, the resort 
we are staying at
(rainbow not necessarily included)

     There was definitely a lot to look at on the drive here. One thing that was noticeable was the general increase in the amount of trash on streets. Before we left Pittsburgh, we found out that Costa Ricans generally didn't care for the cleanliness of their streets, which I instantly thought was a lie when we were in San Jose, but as we traveled further out of San Jose I could tell that  this certainly was the case. 
     Despite the trash, I have been in complete awe since I've been here. Everything is so green and the sky is so blue.

   

Driving through, I also noticed that most of the homes were similar to San Jose homes, they just gave off more of a "beachy" vibe, and they were at times more hidden (but I'm sure this is due to the fact that we were on the highway). I also noticed that there were more street vendors as we drove through. It made me wonder if there were no local markets in their area or if they just saw it more profitable to sell food and fruits to people traveling along through the highway. There are way more tourists here. Even the souvenir shops cater to American dollars. We also saw another study abroad program, so that was interesting!
     My expectations have been exceeded. I definitely expected the sights to be better than those of San Jose and this is the case. Everything is just  a whole lot more peaceful. 

1 comment: